- Print voucherGet 2 for 1 on admission at the Redoubt Fortress & Military Museum throughout Half Term. Includes entry to the current exhibitions.
Offer runs until 2 November and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Cheapest ticket goes free.
All tickets can be used once again for a return visit before 17 November.
166 vouchers left to book
- Sat 25 Oct - Sun 2 Nov 2014
- Kids get free entry to the Redoubt Fortress with every visit to the Eastbourne Ancestors free exhibition. Use your 'I've met the Eastbourne Ancestors' sticker to get free entry for one child with a full paying adult.
- Tue 1 Apr - Sun 16 Nov 2014
- Get one free return visit in 2014 with every ticket purchased. Return tickets valid until 16 November 2014.
- Tue 1 Apr - Sun 16 Nov 2014
Events at this Venue
|Sat 1 Feb - Fri 19 Dec||Eastbourne Ancestors in The Pavilion|
|Sat 14 Jun - Sun 16 Nov||Edmund Blunden - Undertones of War|
|Sat 25 Oct - Sun 2 Nov||Halloween Museum Trail|
|Tue 1 Apr - Sun 16 Nov||McGill's War - A Collection of Humorous Postcards|
|Fri 31 Oct||Halloween Horror Film Screening - The Evil Dead|
|Sat 1 Nov||Military History Lecture - Peter Barton|
april showers half term
The Eastbourne Redoubt was built to keep Napoleon's armies out of Britain. It now invites you to discover more than 200 years of history within its walls.
For over 200 years, the Redoubt has stood ready to defend the Eastbourne coast. It formed part of a chain of fortifications built to deter Napoleon's forces in the early 1800s, and it still stands as a unique monument to that time. Garrisoned by troops until the early 1900s and again during World War II the fortress is now a suitable and atmospheric home to three exciting military collections.
The Royal Sussex was our county regiment for more than 250 years. Discover soldiers' stories, campaign histories and original artefacts from the 1702 Spanish War of Succession to chases across the North African desert in 1942.
The Queen's Royal Irish Hussars collection celebrates the history of two famous cavalry regiments: The 4th Queen's Own Hussars and The 8th King's Royal Irish Hussars. Find out about their role in the ill-fated Charge of the Light Brigade and how words like 'cardigan' and 'balaclava' became part of our language.
The Sussex Combined Services collection displays focus on the county's connection to the armed forces during the Second World War. Here you can browse exhibits about the Royal Air Force, Royal Engineers, Royal Artillery and the Royal Navy, including the Wrens.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Tue 1 Apr - Sun 16 Nov 2014||Mon - Sun 10:00 to 17:00|
Flexible Family Ticket £12.00 (Up to 5 people, must include 1 child under 16)
Dscounts available for groups of 10+, a 10 minute introductory talk to the fortress and its collections is available for pre-booked groups of 10 or more on request. Please call the Redoubt Fortress on 01323 410300 for bookings.
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Smoking not allowed