The small village of Alfriston has many old buildings and a feel of ancient times. The main street offers shops and restaurants. Alfriston also has a festival which takes place every year during the week leading up to the August Bank Holiday Weekend. Many events will take place around the village. these include the festival supper, a barn dance, an evening of entertainment and more.
Attractions nearby include the Cuckmere River where you can take a relaxing stroll to the Sea & Drusillas Zoo.
ContactEastbourne Tourist Information
Tourist Information, Cornfield Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 4QL
Alfriston lies on the A27 Eastbourne to Lewes road 8.9 miles from Eastbourne. By train the nearest station is Berwick station which is approximately 2 miles to the north of Alfriston.
Nearest station : 2 miles (3.2 kms) from Berwick station
- Beachy Head
- Beachy Head & the South Downs Nature Reserve at South Downs National Park
- Birling Gap
- Cuckmere Haven
- Cycle Route at Seven Sisters Country Park
- East Dean
- Holywell Retreat
- Long Man of Wilmington
- Seven Sisters Country Park
- South Downs Cycle Route at South Downs National Park
- South Downs National Park
- Walking & Cycle Routes
- Walking Routes at South Downs National Park