The dramatic 530 feet high cliffs of Beachy Head give stunning views over Eastbourne and the English Channel.
Walk from the foot of Beachy Head or climb to the top for dramatic views of the famous red and white-stripped lighthouse. Wheelchair users can also enjoy the area by using the accessible Peace Path on Beachy Head.
Watch out in October as runners from across the world descend on the South Downs to take part in the Beachy Head Marathon, a gruelling 26-mile course across the famous beauty spot.
Stop off at the Beachy Head Pub for a drink and meal and enjoy the splendid panoramic views over Eastbourne.
Pay and display car parking available.
Open all the time
email a friend
South Downs, Eastbourne, BN20 7AY
Map reference: TV 589958 Lat: 50.74025 Long: 0.25150
Take the B2103 West out of Eastbourne
Parking : with charge
Accessible by Public Transport :
- Beachy Head & the South Downs Nature Reserve at South Downs National Park
- Birling Gap
- Cuckmere Haven
- Cycle Route at Seven Sisters Country Park
- East Dean
- Holywell Retreat
- Long Man of Wilmington
- Seven Sisters Country Park
- South Downs Cycle Route at South Downs National Park
- South Downs National Park
- Walking & Cycle Routes
- Walking Routes at South Downs National Park