Shortlist symbol Add to shortlist button.

Time to Vote for the People’s Charity at Airbourne 2019

11 March 2019

Organisers of the Eastbourne International Airshow are once again calling on the public to vote for the charity they would like to see as the ‘People’s Charity’ at this year’s Airbourne.

ChalkfarmFollowing a fantastic response in the first round of the selection process, with applications from 20 charities, entries have been whittled down to a final four; Chalk Farm Learning Disabilities Centre, Friends of Eastbourne Hospital, Muma Nurture and The Chaseley Trust.

Each of these charities is involved in fantastic work and so once again, air show organisers, Eastbourne Borough Council are asking Airbourne fans and supporters to vote for their favourite.

The ‘People’s Charity’ will then join two other Rotary Club chosen charities in receiving a share of 30% of all Airbourne donations in 2019.

Friends of the DGH


Since 2009, local charities and good causes have benefitted from over £84,000 of donations from the air show and last year an amazing £8,386 was raised for local causes.

Donations Keep Airbourne Flying High

The annual Airbourne bucket collection coordinated by Steve Newman, Mike Barlow and Robin White of the Rotary Clubs of Sovereign Harbour and Hailsham play a major role in securing both the future of the airshow and keeping entry free.

Volunteers from the People’s Charity and members of the Rotary Clubs encourage visitors to Airbourne to dig deep and donate, with 70% of total donations helping to fund the flying displays. The remaining 30% of donations are split between three charities.

Muma Nurture
Eastbourne Borough Council Lead Cabinet Member for Tourism and Enterprise, Cllr Margaret Bannister said “The People’s Charity vote is such a fantastic opportunity for the public to have their say on who they want to benefit from donations received at Airbourne. The four shortlisted charities are all worthy causes and each have indicated just how valuable this will be to their on-going work.

The charity collections are also vital to maintaining a lively flying programme and keeping Airbourne free for the thousands of visitors who enjoy the show each year.”
The Chaseley Trust

To Vote

To vote for your preferred charity visit www.EastbourneAirshow.com/charity to vote online or complete a voting slip at Eastbourne Tourist Information Centre, Cornfield Road, Eastbourne BN21 4QA. Voting closes 16:30pm on Friday 29 March.

Support Airbourne

People can donate towards Airbourne 2019 already, with online donations open at www.EastbourneAirshow.com/donate.

Airbourne returns from 15 - 18 August 2019, for more information, or to volunteer as a bucket collector, or to book private dining, exclusive seating or to donate online at any time, visit www.EastbourneAirshow.co.uk.

Offers, Newsletters & Brochures

Share This Page